How to prepare your home for treatment with Aprehend®
• Pick up clothes on floors and hanging over chairs and wash in the hottest water possible and then run through a hot
dryer cycle for a minimum of 40 minutes. Place, these clean dry clothes in a large garbage bag sealed at the top until the
treatment has been completed.
• Cabin beds/beds with built-in storage. Remove all clothing items from these storage areas and launder and dry at high
heat. Place these clean dry clothes in a large garbage bag sealed at the top until the treatment has been completed.
• De-clutter, this will assist in removing potential bed bug harborages. Check items for signs of infestation.
• Move all furniture items away from the walls to allow access the base boards around the entire room.
• It is not necessary to remove clean clothing or other items from draws or cupboards unless these items are clearly
heavily infested (visible bed bugs). Ornaments and other items can be left in place.
• Vacuum baseboards to remove dust build-up from these areas. Remove the vacuum cleaner bag or contents of the
canister, place in a plastic bag, and dispose of in the trash can outside your apartment/home.
• Cover fish tanks, terrariums and small animal cages with a clean towel or sheet.
• DO NOT RE-ENTER TREATED AREAS FOR 4 HOURS AFTER SERVICE.
• DO NOT SPRAY ANY PESTICIDES OR CLEANING PRODUCTS IN TREATED AREAS AFTER THE APREHEND® TREATMENT.
THIS WILL KILL THE APREHEND® AND RESULT IN CONTROL FAILURE.
• Allow the treatment time to work, do not clean or remove the spray barriers. In most cases barriers will have been
applied in inconspicuous areas, but if infestation was suspected behind baseboards or electrical outlets, a 2” spray barrier
may have been applied on the wall above or around these installations. Under certain lighting conditions, these barriers
may be visible. Leave these in place until you are certain that the infestation has been eradicated. The barrier will remain
active for up to 3 months if left undisturbed, but is easily removed with kitchen or bathroom cleaner when required.